Wow! I won something! I never win anything, and I didn’t even know I was being considered. Now for the fun part:
Step One: Thank and Link the Person who Nominated You
Step Two: Share Seven Random Facts About Yourself
1) If I could live five other lives, I would be: a concert pianist, an American bakery owner in France, a fashion blogger who gets paid to dress up everyday a la Love Maegan, a back up singer/dancer for somebody famous, and a regular on a show set in the 60’s like Mad Men.
2) I used to part my hair in the middle (from birth to high school). Now I part it on the right side (your left). I parted it in the middle today to recreate a hair style. I’m not used to seeing myself with my hair like that. That’s pretty random 🙂
3) I wrote a book based on my friends when I was thirteen. I am still close with three of them, and I am friends on facebook with all of them.
4) When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my five year old self said, “Comedienne.” Making my mom laugh is still one of my most favorite things to do. I always feel accomplished when my mom laughs at something I say.
5) My most favorite toy as a child was my Rainbow Brite Doll. I loved her so much. We didn’t have much growing up, so my mom would switch out our toys every six months. We lived in a tiny place without much storage space. Unfortunately, she would store them in my grandmother’s attic, who gave our toys away. My brothers and I lost our most favorite toys. It was awful. My mom was so upset about it. My grandmother never admitted to doing it. I think it was an accident.
6) I played basketball for one season when I was in middle school. It was for the Christian Athletic Association. It was a co-ed team and I got flack from a mom for being an aggressive player. We beat her son’s team. I think she was just a sore loser.
7) I’m the self-deprecating type. It’s hard for me to talk about myself, and it took me forever to come up with seven facts about me!
Step Three: Pass the Award Along to Five Deserving Blogging Buddies
1) Freshly Pressed is how I’ve found some great blogs. One of my favorites that I was able to get a friend out of was Year of Kindness. If you are feeling even a little sad, read this blog. There is no way you won’t be able to change your attitude.
2) Come On, Ilene! is another Freshly Pressed find. She is a fun girl who was a Southerner for a while. She attended Duke University (I attended Duke for their pre-college program, which is not as impressive, but still 🙂 ). I did one of her DIY’s for my future sister-in-law’s bridal shower.
3) A Spoonful of Sugar Free is an Irresistibly Sweet Blog minus the sugar. Alex is allergic to sugar, so there is zero sugar in her diet. She shares some of the best recipes, and you would never know they were sugar free.
4) A Southern Disposition is written by a fellow Southerner and all around wonderful person, Kendra. She has the best DIY tutorials, has been featured on many blogs, and has an adorable daughter who is featured throughout the blog.
5) Ruffles and Stuff is another crafty blog by a wonderful wife and mom. Disney is a great person and I wish she lived on the East Coast so we could hang out!
Step Four: Contact Those Bloggers to Congratulate Them
Congratulations on your award! Thank you for the honor of this award, Finding Ann MacGregor. It really means a lot to me.